- This event has passed.
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Jamestown, CA
November 29, 2019 - December 22, 2019
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride
Member Advance Ticket Sales: October 8-10, 9 a.m. (see below)
General Public Ticket Sales: October 11, 9 a.m.
Relive the magical journey of THE POLAR EXPRESS on an hour-long train ride to the North Pole. Enjoy hot-hot-hot chocolate and yummy cookies as you ride along with many of the story’s characters. Once you reach the North Pole, the jolly old elf – Santa himself – will come on board to give each passenger a silver sleighbell, the “first gift of Christmas.”
2019 Train Ride Dates
Friday & Saturday, November 29 & 30
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, December 6-8, 13-15 & 20-22
4:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Coach Seating: $50 per person*
First Class Seating: $70 per person*
*An additional service fee of $6 per ticket will apply at purchase checkout.
Children under 2 years of age are free and must be seated on an adult’s lap.
2019 Ticket Sales Dates
Current members of Railtown 1897 and the California State Railroad Museum are eligible to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales. Memberships should have been purchased by September 5, 2019, and current memberships must be active to qualify.
September 1-15: Silver Spike, Gold Spike and Platinum Spike members. Must call (916) 445-8242 to book tickets.
October 8: Bronze Spike, Yardmaster, Freight Agent, Trainmaster and Engineer members
October 9: Telegrapher, Hostler, Conductor and Fireman members
October 10: Handcar Club, Switchman, Caboose Club and Brakeman members
October 11: General public sales begin at 9 a.m.
Online tickets sales only unless otherwise noted. Resale of tickets is not permitted and is unlawful. Our policy strictly prohibits the resale or attempted resale of any ticket for THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride. In addition, the use of public advertising – such as but not limited to eBay and Craig’s List – to resell tickets is not permitted. Either action will result in the immediate cancellation of the tickets and Railtown 1897 membership, if applicable.
Member Advance Ticket Sales Policies
- Members of Railtown 1897 and the California State Railroad Museum are allowed to purchase THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride tickets in advance of the general public.
- Members are not guaranteed to get tickets during Member Advance Ticket Sales, merely the opportunity to try to purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
- New, renewing or upgrading memberships should have been active and current as of September 5, 2019 to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales.
- Members must have their membership ID number when ordering tickets.
- Tickets may only be purchased online through this website (unless otherwise noted).
- Member households may purchase a maximum of eight individual tickets or two tables of four, per location, during Member Advance Ticket Sales.
Ticket Exchange and Refund Policies
- Full refunds will be given for requests submitted within 48 hours of purchase.
- A $10 per ticket fee will be charged for refunds or exchanges submitted up to two weeks prior to departure.
- No refunds or exchanges will be given for requests made less than two weeks prior to departure.
- Purchasers who wish to donate unused tickets back to the nonprofit California State Railroad Museum Foundation will be given a tax letter of donation for the full amount of the tickets.
Exchange or refund requests should be submitted to THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride -Jamestown Hotline (209) 984-3407, and should include: date and time of train ride, car selection, number of tickets, purchaser’s name, confirmation number, and contact phone number.