Policies and Rules
- All sales are final.
- Purchasers who wish to donate unused tickets back to the nonprofit CSRM Foundation will be given a tax letter of donation for the full amount of the tickets.
- Exchanges are based on availability and are subject to a $10 per seat exchange fee. $10 per ticket or $40 per table of four.
- Only one exchange per ticket will be allowed.
- Exchange requests should be submitted to THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride – Hotline at (916) 445-8270.
General Ticket Policies
- Tickets are subject to service fees which vary between $7 and $8 depending on the sales outlet.
- Tickets may be delivered digitally, by mail or held at the ticket window for pickup on the day of departure. Ticket delivery method is at the choice of the purchaser.
- Children under 2 years old do not require a tickets, but must be seated on the lap of an adult while on board the train.
Member Advance Ticket Sales Policies
- Members of Railtown 1897 and the California State Railroad Museum are allowed to purchase THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride tickets in advance of the general public.
- Members are not guaranteed to get tickets during Member Advance Ticket Sales, merely the opportunity to try to purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
- New, renewing or upgrading memberships should have been active and current as of August 30, 2021 to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales.
- Members must have their membership ID number when ordering tickets.
- Member households may purchase a maximum of eight individual tickets or two tables of four, per location, during Member Advance Ticket Sales.
Resale & Monetization
Our policy strictly prohibits the resale or attempted resale of any tickets for THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride for personal profit. Additionally, the use of public advertising – such as but not limited to eBay and Craigslist – to resell tickets is not permitted. Either action will result in the immediate cancellation of the tickets. Tickets may not be raffled, used as auction items or otherwise monetized without the express written permission of the California State Railroad Museum Foundation.